Dublin Forum

All Ireland Club Hurling Final

(Oldest Posts First)

It has taken Dublin hurling nearly half a century to produce a Club with enough quality to reach the St Patrick's Day senior final, so well done to Cuala. And lets hope they go on and win it now because they are good enough to do so.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 16/03/2017 16:13:33    1967625

Link

Really looking forward to this. Fingers crossed Cuala can do it.

Anyone in and around Croke Park tomorrow keep an eye out for 2500 Cuala fans walking en mass from Connolly to Croke Park. They've sold out 2 special Darts and are all heading to the ground together. Should be some craic.

GaaGaa78 (UK) - Posts: 285 - 16/03/2017 16:28:19    1967633

Link

Good luck Cuala hopefully Dessie will be dancing at the final whistle

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 975 - 17/03/2017 13:11:48    1967820

Link

Congrats goise, but seriously, very well done!!!!!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7289 - 17/03/2017 16:33:44    1967862

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Congrats goise, but seriously, very well done!!!!!"
Excellent stuff Cuala, by far the better team. Thought they looked very edge'y at the start, first four line balls never got off the ground, and Ballyea got at least two scores from the results. But Cuala setteled well into the game, got into the lead and Callaghan played Cronin in beautifully for a very important goal. Second half and Cuala really dismantled ballyea.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 17/03/2017 17:14:50    1967877

Link

Great win by Cuala today. Augers well for Dublin hurling going forward, with Rushe, O Donnell, Barrett, Chris C etc, , hopefully they will be good enough to take on the Tipps and Kilkenny.
Harryo

HarryO (Galway) - Posts: 185 - 17/03/2017 21:02:55    1967995

Link

Replying To clonjon:  "Excellent stuff Cuala, by far the better team. Thought they looked very edge'y at the start, first four line balls never got off the ground, and Ballyea got at least two scores from the results. But Cuala setteled well into the game, got into the lead and Callaghan played Cronin in beautifully for a very important goal. Second half and Cuala really dismantled ballyea."
Great achievement by Cuala and a great day for Dublin Hurling.

Well done lads. Different class today.

Looking forward to seeing some of them lads lining out for the Dubs this season..!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2581 - 17/03/2017 23:42:21    1968036

Link

Wore my red and white colours with pride yesterday. Great win for Cuala. Thought Con O'Callaghan was excellent yesterday, as was David Treacy and the Schutte brothers. Hopefully Dublin hurlers will now have the services of the Cuala players. Perhaps Mattie Kenny could be new Dublin manager once Ger Cunningham moves on?

PatdeVerse (Dublin) - Posts: 93 - 18/03/2017 11:09:17    1968084

Link

Replying To PatdeVerse:  "Wore my red and white colours with pride yesterday. Great win for Cuala. Thought Con O'Callaghan was excellent yesterday, as was David Treacy and the Schutte brothers. Hopefully Dublin hurlers will now have the services of the Cuala players. Perhaps Mattie Kenny could be new Dublin manager once Ger Cunningham moves on?"
Mattie Kenny would be a good shout and well done to Cuala ona superb final win and great championship run.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 3905 - 18/03/2017 15:28:26    1968150

Link

Replying To PatdeVerse:  "Wore my red and white colours with pride yesterday. Great win for Cuala. Thought Con O'Callaghan was excellent yesterday, as was David Treacy and the Schutte brothers. Hopefully Dublin hurlers will now have the services of the Cuala players. Perhaps Mattie Kenny could be new Dublin manager once Ger Cunningham moves on?"
Well done Cuala they were brilliant O Callaghan was outstanding I thought and the kerryman, but (maybe this is harsh) I'm expecting way more from Tracey and Schutte up front than what they gave Cuala on Friday. Like they did well but personally im expecting way more from two Dublin forwards playing club hurling.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9526 - 20/03/2017 07:37:21    1968903

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Well done Cuala they were brilliant O Callaghan was outstanding I thought and the kerryman, but (maybe this is harsh) I'm expecting way more from Tracey and Schutte up front than what they gave Cuala on Friday. Like they did well but personally im expecting way more from two Dublin forwards playing club hurling."
Not an unreasonable comment. This is the place to voice such matters and I agree that Schutte and Treacy were a bit peripheral by their standards. You would expect the intercounty players to shine on the club stage but I guess they can't have a great game every day. Tony Kelly was very quiet by his standards on Friday and he's right up there with the best in the country so anyone can have an off day. Other lads stood up to the plate, like the two O'Callaghan's, Gough, S. Treacy, O'Connell etc. so hopefully the likes of Schutte and D. Treacy etc. can show what they're made of when the return to the Dublin panel.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 476 - 20/03/2017 10:50:30    1968975

Link

Won easier than I thought , good for Dublin hurling

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 20/03/2017 10:56:09    1968981

Link