Dublin Forum

NHL DUBLIN v CLARE

(Oldest Posts First)

Dublin continue their NHL campaign with a trip to Ennis to play Clare, in what is increasingly looking like a relegation battle between the four Counties on two points at the bottom of 1A . Is a win here a step too far, or asking to much of this team. Certainly it would give us a great chance of avoiding relegation, and would probably give us a shot at a quarter final spot when we take on the Cats in the last round in Parnell Park on 26 March.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 10/03/2017 11:35:42    1965929

Link

If Dublin can find another Cork style performance, and even take the positives from the Waterford game, which there were plenty.. then I think we have every chance of giving it a right go.

Dubs were given no chance against Cork, so that'll stand to them

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18904 - 11/03/2017 12:07:11    1966138

Link

The Waterford game was a game we had every chance of winning.
We were five points up and in command and had two or three frees which were very scoreable gone over instead of missed I think we would have gone on and won.
Waterford were far more clinical with their shooting and that was the only difference on the night ( aswell as the howler of a second goal we conceeded).
hard to know what to make of Clare so far as they have mixed good with bad aswell like ourselves. Looks an even game on paper so every chance if we are more clinical in front of the posts

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 11/03/2017 12:43:56    1966146

Link

Hard to believe that Ger will send out the same team that started against Waterford. Will be very surprised if there is'nt two or three changes from the lineup announced yesterday.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 11/03/2017 21:46:30    1966253

Link

Don't think the team will be the same tomorrow. E ODoneell is injured and is unlikely to play. His absence will be a great loss
Dublin fan

HarryO (Galway) - Posts: 183 - 11/03/2017 22:24:07    1966262

Link

Replying To HarryO:  "Don't think the team will be the same tomorrow. E ODoneell is injured and is unlikely to play. His absence will be a great loss
Dublin fan"
Its the O Donnell from Clare that's injured, Eoin O Donnell Dubs full back is playing as selected.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 12/03/2017 13:56:57    1966365

Link

Eoghan O Donnell is a beast at full back , what a player. Great first half not sure if there's a breeze but Dublin have the clare backs in all sorts of trouble , Dillon inside causing all sorts of trouble and mcmorrow going well in midfield, O Dwyer needs to get out infront we need a big second half from him. Come on the Dubs

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9413 - 12/03/2017 14:40:03    1966370

Link

Unlucky to lose , still a very young team just need the ball to stick more up front. Eoghan O Donnell is my new hurling hero love that guy, Liam Rush very good aswell. Ref gave them some amount of soft frees but maybe we got some aswell but I'm blue blinkered and Didn't notice any.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9413 - 12/03/2017 15:36:36    1966380

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Unlucky to lose , still a very young team just need the ball to stick more up front. Eoghan O Donnell is my new hurling hero love that guy, Liam Rush very good aswell. Ref gave them some amount of soft frees but maybe we got some aswell but I'm blue blinkered and Didn't notice any."
Big breeze favouring Dubs in first half. O Dwyers goal gave us impetus and we got a couple of points just before half time to put us five up but it was never going to be enough facing that wind. We held out well for a long time but just couldnt get them vital few scores we needed to drag us over the line. Have to say Dublin forward line were cleaned out in the air in first half.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 12/03/2017 17:30:29    1966434

Link

Another good performance but zero points

It's undoubtedly a young and inexperienced Dublin team, and missing a number of players

There's encouraging signs there but it'll take another year or two, the worry is I just dont think we have the management in place to bring on the team, another Leinster flop in 2017, well that should be that with the current setup.

That's a lucrative high profile job, there's many a top end manager that would love to give that a go.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18904 - 12/03/2017 19:42:10    1966482

Link