Dublin Forum

S**t storm coming your way

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads
I see the super 8's are passed. From the title this is going to cause a lot of upset with certain posters (I think you know who) due to Dublin probably getting two home games in the super 8's. just want to your opinion on it before the rumble starts.
It clearly is a big advantage, I think we can all agree with that. I suppose it's one of those things. I wonder if the gaa has thought about this and maybe do something about it.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 25/02/2017 13:23:09    1960438

Link

Yeah it is anomaly.

For example if the Super Eights had have been in last year there could have been a group of Tyrone, Dublin, Donegal and Mayo. Dubs could have had their home game in Croker against Donegal, away to Mayo and played Tyrone in Clones or somewhere.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12295 - 25/02/2017 17:16:14    1960536

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Lads
I see the super 8's are passed. From the title this is going to cause a lot of upset with certain posters (I think you know who) due to Dublin probably getting two home games in the super 8's. just want to your opinion on it before the rumble starts.
It clearly is a big advantage, I think we can all agree with that. I suppose it's one of those things. I wonder if the gaa has thought about this and maybe do something about it."
Or maybe it's dublin who actually will get no time game as the neller won't be able to hold games should we be in the groups stages

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 25/02/2017 17:38:56    1960545

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Or maybe it's dublin who actually will get no time game as the neller won't be able to hold games should we be in the groups stages"
I've lost you mate. What do you mean?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 25/02/2017 17:58:03    1960556

Link

We won't get any home game as our pitch won't be used because of capacity issues

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 25/02/2017 18:19:32    1960562

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "We won't get any home game as our pitch won't be used because of capacity issues"
Ahhh I forgot some Dubs still consider "The Neller" as your home ground ;)
Forgetting the Symantecs, 2 games at Croke Park isn't fair. It will be interesting to see if the GAA make Dublin play 1 in Croke park and 2 in neutral venue

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 25/02/2017 18:54:45    1960573

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Ahhh I forgot some Dubs still consider "The Neller" as your home ground ;)
Forgetting the Symantecs, 2 games at Croke Park isn't fair. It will be interesting to see if the GAA make Dublin play 1 in Croke park and 2 in neutral venue"
Sure the all Ireland semi finals and final will be in croke park aswell
Your just making a silliness out of nothing
Sure the quarter finals have been in croke park as it was.
What difference does it make really

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 25/02/2017 20:06:42    1960597

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Sure the all Ireland semi finals and final will be in croke park aswell
Your just making a silliness out of nothing
Sure the quarter finals have been in croke park as it was.
What difference does it make really"
If you had to play most of your games in Killarney every year I'm sure your opinion would change.
Surely you can admit if Dublin got to play 2 of their 3 games in Croke Park it would be an advantage?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 25/02/2017 22:01:47    1960694

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "If you had to play most of your games in Killarney every year I'm sure your opinion would change.
Surely you can admit if Dublin got to play 2 of their 3 games in Croke Park it would be an advantage?"
Put Dublin's home game in Thurles, that'd be the craic!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7289 - 25/02/2017 22:55:31    1960721

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "If you had to play most of your games in Killarney every year I'm sure your opinion would change.
Surely you can admit if Dublin got to play 2 of their 3 games in Croke Park it would be an advantage?"
Eh in the system since 2002 we have played each quarter final in croker that's one of one so two out of three games at that stage now is hardly going to become an advantage and plus all the teams who make the last 8 are well used to playing in croke park it's as neutral as you can get because dublin won't even get the time ticket allocation that other counties do.
just look at league games in croker the away team always seem a to get the best tickets in the stand.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 25/02/2017 23:37:40    1960733

Link

Fridge, coming onto a Dublin page forum to stir it up eh ....

Let us enlighten you - Parnell Park is our home ground...!

The sooner we have our own ground that can accommodate the required demands the better and stop all this nonsense talk.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2581 - 26/02/2017 00:36:41    1960752

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Fridge, coming onto a Dublin page forum to stir it up eh ....

The sooner we have our own ground that can accommodate the required demands the better and stop all this nonsense talk."
Moi?? This is nothing compared to what the two Kerry boys are going to be saying!!!! This is a more tongue in cheek thread.
My suggestion would be to play 1 home 2 away on alternative years. Fairest way. And you Dubs love telling us how well you travel.......lets see if that holds up ;)
However that ain't going to happen. Money talks.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 26/02/2017 07:36:54    1960780

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Fridge, coming onto a Dublin page forum to stir it up eh ....

The sooner we have our own ground that can accommodate the required demands the better and stop all this nonsense talk."
When js the last time the senior footballers played a game there?

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 26/02/2017 07:41:00    1960782

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "When js the last time the senior footballers played a game there?"
2017 - O'Byrne Cup home tie ...!

No health & safety rules forced us to move it as capacity of the Neller coped with the demand for tickets...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2581 - 26/02/2017 10:46:04    1960843

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "2017 - O'Byrne Cup home tie ...!

No health & safety rules forced us to move it as capacity of the Neller coped with the demand for tickets...!"
I thought you guys didn't count the OBC as an official match?
Does that mean you have been beat and it's not unbeaten in 31 games?
In all seriousness last time you played there in championship? Of the NFL for that matter.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1527 - 26/02/2017 11:12:59    1960869

Link

It clearly is a big advantage, I think we can all agree with that. I suppose it's one of those things. I wonder if the gaa has thought about this and maybe do something about it."
And when the players refuse to play in it? - that is the real storm brewing not these nonsensical anomalies.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 3905 - 26/02/2017 19:51:22    1961220

Link

This idea is half @rsed they should have this round robin at the start of the championship.
The provincials and league should be used as "ranking points" to seed the "super eights"

Everything has meaning then.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 975 - 26/02/2017 20:48:05    1961261

Link