Dublin Forum

Donegal Vs Dublin: NFL Div 1 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To jimbodub:  "As I thought

The weather had a major factor and spoiled the game

Dublin were just as defensive like you have to be against teams like Donegal

Fair play to Donegal, but Dublin could and should have still won the game, we controlled the game for large parts

But listen, great work out once again, picked up a valuable point away from home

Onwards and upwards, and fair play to Niall Scully.. what a gem, and a very valuable addition to the panel

Overall happy enough considering the conditions, changed team line up etc. etc...

No way was it a free in but many were saying the same thing when we snatched a late equaliser against Tyrone, that one def was borderline and many refs wouldn't have given it!

So swings and roundabouts

I'd like to see a stronger team take the field against Mayo, we need to try and pick up points at home now, although against Mayo, that isn't going to be very easy and yeah, for me anyway, I'd like to see us introduce a few of the heavy hitters"
Whatever about the free at the end
the lack of anybody even noticing the clear square ball for their first goal.
which was the biggest swing in the game as the second goal would never have come about and we were 5v2 up at the time.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 28/02/2017 16:35:35    1962191

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Whatever about the free at the end
the lack of anybody even noticing the clear square ball for their first goal.
which was the biggest swing in the game as the second goal would never have come about and we were 5v2 up at the time."
Donegal def had a run of luck with certain calls

They'd admit that themselves but I'm happy enough with the result

Sure 2pts were there for the taking, but in years gone by we'd have lost that game

We're the most mentally tough team out there now, regardless of the team selected, there is a process in place, and they stick to it, for a long time that just wasn't the case

Great to see it now though, and we are currently in good shape having played some tough games and still be unbeaten

So far we're right up there and have every chance, but the next game is important and it could well prove crucial

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18892 - 28/02/2017 17:06:35    1962212

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Donegal def had a run of luck with certain calls

They'd admit that themselves but I'm happy enough with the result

Sure 2pts were there for the taking, but in years gone by we'd have lost that game

We're the most mentally tough team out there now, regardless of the team selected, there is a process in place, and they stick to it, for a long time that just wasn't the case

Great to see it now though, and we are currently in good shape having played some tough games and still be unbeaten

So far we're right up there and have every chance, but the next game is important and it could well prove crucial"
Would like to see more attacking set up on Saturday night
Forward unit was badly lacking on Sunday.
players like connolly, brogan, Andrews needed to boost our scoring return as the last two games was well below par 10 points and 1-08 is not what you expect from us regardless of conditions.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 28/02/2017 18:31:02    1962262

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Would like to see more attacking set up on Saturday night
Forward unit was badly lacking on Sunday.
players like connolly, brogan, Andrews needed to boost our scoring return as the last two games was well below par 10 points and 1-08 is not what you expect from us regardless of conditions."
I agree Hill

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18892 - 01/03/2017 10:01:51    1962386

Link

Only my opinion
There is an end game , its doing the unthinkable and retaining Sam , I have a suspicion we maybe caught cold this weekend v Mayo (hope I'm wrong) Jim Gavin will send his team out to win as he always does , but he will not play a selection just to win , in other words if he feels Dublin's best interests are served in playing a Reddin or a Scully as opposed to bringing back a Bernard or a Bastic Connolly or whoever the man will not compromise , I've yet to see a manager be so diligent meticulous in long term objective planning .
I will make a prediction should we not beat Mayo many will lay the fault at Jim for team selection , for me as always in Jim we trust , I'm repeating myself we KNOW what a Connolly who has been on the go can do v Mayo only the fitness gurus in the camp can say when lads should be brought back , personally I agree it would be great to see some of those lads back but as allways in Jim we trust

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5174 - 01/03/2017 11:11:39    1962417

Link