Dublin Forum

Croke Park seating

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi here !

I want to buy a few tickets for my brother's birthday so that he can see a Football game at Croke Park. It's for the following game: Allianz Leagues GAA Football - Dublin v Roscommon. I don't know much about Football and I was wondering if this might be an interesting game to see. And if there is a tribune (Hogan or Cusack?) that might have a better atmosphere. I didn't find any way to buy tickets for a All-Ireland game, so I guess sales are closed. Feel free to point out to me any other way to get tickets!

Thank you for the help :)

Halz (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 21/02/2017 20:49:56    1959348

Link

Replying To Halz:  "Hi here !

I want to buy a few tickets for my brother's birthday so that he can see a Football game at Croke Park. It's for the following game: Allianz Leagues GAA Football - Dublin v Roscommon. I don't know much about Football and I was wondering if this might be an interesting game to see. And if there is a tribune (Hogan or Cusack?) that might have a better atmosphere. I didn't find any way to buy tickets for a All-Ireland game, so I guess sales are closed. Feel free to point out to me any other way to get tickets!

Thank you for the help :)"
The All Ireland football "championship" does not start until the summer officially plenty of time to get tickets for that yet.
Unofficially the real start and decent games are in August for the football.

Roscommon are an up and coming county and Dublin are the best Gaelic football squad on the planet at the moment, possibly the universe.
Although if there is alien lifeforms I am unsure about the "process" and strategic plan they implement in thier Gaelic football teams so the universe bit is up for debate

Good chance of a mismatch and a slim chance of an upset in the Roscommon v Dublin game.

If you want to go to a game that will get value for money look no further then march 4th a Double header in Croke park

hurling 5pm Dublin v Waterford (It is anyone's guess how this will finish)
football 7pm Dublin v Mayo (Dublin will probably win but mayo have a point to prove as usual)

The Hill is the place to watch a game if you want atmosphere and can forgo comfort/view and are prepared for all-weather eventualities.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 982 - 22/02/2017 18:54:32    1959645

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "
Replying To Halz:  "Hi here !

Thank you for the help :)"
The All Ireland football "championship" does not start until the summer officially plenty of time to get tickets for that yet.
Unofficially the real start and decent games are in August for the football.

Roscommon are an up and coming county and Dublin are the best Gaelic football squad on the planet at the moment, possibly the universe.
Although if there is alien lifeforms I am unsure about the "process" and strategic plan they implement in thier Gaelic football teams so the universe bit is up for debate

Good chance of a mismatch and a slim chance of an upset in the Roscommon v Dublin game.

If you want to go to a game that will get value for money look no further then march 4th a Double header in Croke park

hurling 5pm Dublin v Waterford (It is anyone's guess how this will finish)
football 7pm Dublin v Mayo (Dublin will probably win but mayo have a point to prove as usual)

The Hill is the place to watch a game if you want atmosphere and can forgo comfort/view and are prepared for all-weather eventualities."
an excellent summary there too....

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4137 - 23/02/2017 08:31:05    1959766

Link