Dublin Forum

NHL Dublin v Tipperary

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Well after the debacle in Croke Park against Tipp last Saturday night, Dublin go to Pairc Ui Rinn by the Lee to take on Cork this Saturday evening, in what could very well be another embarrassing encounter for the team in blue. Very hard to see anything been salvaged here, given the depleeted state of the panel at the moment. I fear the worst.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 16/02/2017 16:29:03    1957503

Link

I know Cork beat Clare and all but they're still not very good. They'll still beat this Dublin team easily though.

I'm heading down in anyways, going to the in laws for the weekend, but I've got zero expectations. I'd take a less than 10 points defeat right now.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12295 - 17/02/2017 08:17:23    1957648

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "I know Cork beat Clare and all but they're still not very good. They'll still beat this Dublin team easily though.

I'm heading down in anyways, going to the in laws for the weekend, but I've got zero expectations. I'd take a less than 10 points defeat right now."
Understand the pessimism how could you be anything else , FairPlay in making the journey easy to go on the road when everything is going well , in Tipp myself watching the young uns ,
Hope we get a performance across the pitch for full duration , if the result doesn't go our way so be it , but we need to rise above what we did last week , senior lads need to lead. Dublin hurlers have allways had bounce back ability hard to see it but you never know.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 17/02/2017 15:20:48    1957748

Link

Hard to make out this hurling team, great win tonight!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7287 - 18/02/2017 20:32:21    1958042

Link

Jesus what a difference a week makes , outstanding from the Dublin Cubs, every man can be proud of their performance tonight. A lot of young lads with big futures in the blue jersey and with the Cuala lads to come back we are not as bad as we thought. Don't like singling anyone out but man I love Eoghan O Donnell at full back he is a beast poor Cadogen didn't get a sniff once O Donnell went on him. Full forward Burke is a serous talent , Danny and the rest come back and all will be forgiven we have a team going places. Oh Conroy aswell outstanding.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9522 - 18/02/2017 20:36:26    1958045

Link

What a great result for the Dublin hurlers tonight.
Especially after hitting 5 wides in the first 8mins.

Delighted with that result especially after last week's nightmare....

Cork 1-14 v Dublin 2-19 in Parc Ui Rinn, Cork.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2581 - 18/02/2017 21:26:02    1958060

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "What a great result for the Dublin hurlers tonight.
Especially after hitting 5 wides in the first 8mins.

Delighted with that result especially after last week's nightmare....

Cork 1-14 v Dublin 2-19 in Parc Ui Rinn, Cork."
That was a turn up for the books, well done the Dubs. Great scoring rate and great work rate in Cork tonight.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 18/02/2017 21:47:23    1958068

Link

I said they allways surprise , didn't have the courage to predict it had a suspicion , they've always been that way , chalk n cheese displays ,
Of course the win and points were important but more than that pride was restored , we needed a committed perfotmance and boy did we get it , savage display in defence hunting in packs tackling with intent ,
Delighted for lads who travelled with hope in their hearts and not much else .

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 19/02/2017 10:04:01    1958145

Link

Great result and performance last night.
you could see from the off the attitude and work rate was polar opposite to last week even funnily enough despite the fact we were 4v1 up last week and this time 4v1 down. Great purple patch of 1-08 without reply in 11 minutes was a big boost to the younger guys some of which played superb stuff particularly Burke McBride and Conroy i thought really stood out. Eoghan o Donnell and Liam rushe had powerful performances which laid foundation going forward and o Donnell already looks like a veteran even last week against callanan he out muscles him several times in their fuel for such young guy. I think he kept cadogan honest during the week aswell in the Fitzgibbon cup.
much needed boost and makes the Waterford game a match that could now decide if we aiming for quarter finals or avoiding relegation which is a far better place than we were in this time last week.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 19/02/2017 11:40:16    1958177

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Great result and performance last night.
you could see from the off the attitude and work rate was polar opposite to last week even funnily enough despite the fact we were 4v1 up last week and this time 4v1 down. Great purple patch of 1-08 without reply in 11 minutes was a big boost to the younger guys some of which played superb stuff particularly Burke McBride and Conroy i thought really stood out. Eoghan o Donnell and Liam rushe had powerful performances which laid foundation going forward and o Donnell already looks like a veteran even last week against callanan he out muscles him several times in their fuel for such young guy. I think he kept cadogan honest during the week aswell in the Fitzgibbon cup.
much needed boost and makes the Waterford game a match that could now decide if we aiming for quarter finals or avoiding relegation which is a far better place than we were in this time last week."
Getting something from the next game against Waterford in Croker is vital now. After Waterford we have Clare in Ennis, followed by Kilkenny at home, probably Parnell. By the time we play the Cats they may be desperate for the points so we would'nt want to be depending on that game to keep us out of the relegation battle.

clonjon (Dublin) - Posts: 664 - 20/02/2017 17:48:11    1958804

Link