Dublin Forum

Injured Players Return

(Oldest Posts First)

Cian O'Sullivan - Back in training recently, delighted with that, although we all know he is a very good player, I still think there are some that maybe aren't fully aware of the unbelievable job he does at CHB. Don't think ive seen a better #6 play for Dublin, having him back in a big boost.

Bernard Brogan - Aiming for early August - That would be nice, even as an option in the last 10 providing his injury doesn't reoccur, I wrote off his career when I heard about the injury in February but very happy to see him trying to get back.

Jack McCaffrey - Literally have no idea at all what the story is with Jack, Anybody hear anything ?

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13422 - 01/06/2018 10:51:39    2106207

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Cian O'Sullivan - Back in training recently, delighted with that, although we all know he is a very good player, I still think there are some that maybe aren't fully aware of the unbelievable job he does at CHB. Don't think ive seen a better #6 play for Dublin, having him back in a big boost.

Bernard Brogan - Aiming for early August - That would be nice, even as an option in the last 10 providing his injury doesn't reoccur, I wrote off his career when I heard about the injury in February but very happy to see him trying to get back.

Jack McCaffrey - Literally have no idea at all what the story is with Jack, Anybody hear anything ?"
You're right about Cian Wayno

I think we're a little light back there at present so very important to get him back, Jack and Cian as further options is huge.

You could see that our wheels came off when Jack got injured so early in the AI final. Completely changed the course of the game.

He's a huge talent and he brings so much pace, skill and purpose to the team. For me he's right up there with one of the best we've ever produced. Like Cian I think there's some that greatly undervalue him.

Jack played for club a couple of weeks back and came through the game, he's getting there and if it continues to progress well for him we'll hopefully see him back for Super 8's and the same goes for Cian

The extra game time may be useful for them to get match fit/sharp

Bernard is some man. It would be a remarkable personal achievement for himself if he managed game time this year. I wouldn't put it past him.

I'd expect to see him in 2019 although he has his first kid on the way but you can imagine the effort he's put in already to get back playing that he's obviously still very focused and determined to play on.

TBH we all hold him in such high regard but that's gone even higher for me seeing him work so hard to get over this career ending injury.

I'd love to see him this year but it's equally as important seeing him 100% recovered for 2019.

The day he runs back on the pitch wearing blue will be a special moment.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19286 - 01/06/2018 14:22:51    2106281

Link

Have to agree Cian coming back is critical he is the foundation to the whole set up for me,in the business end of the championship he cant be done without its that simple really.

Jack just adds so much so much quality and is a great outlet, even without the ball he makes defenders think, if he has a big year he he is a king maker, he was really approaching top form heading into the final last year and the injury underlined a really disastrous first half for us last year in the final, we were lucky to go in in touching distance.

Its great news on Bernard, i have to say im not surprised i think if he is involved it will be for bits and pieces but i wouldn't underestimate his value within the panel. Im not overly surprised to be honest, the lad just loves football and playing for Dublin. His lifestyle allows him to put everything into his rehab. I was pretty certain he wouldn't consider retiring its not his way and he really recognises the era of Dublin GAA he is living through. He and his wife are expecting their first baby Brogan shortly as well. Delighted for him.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2503 - 03/06/2018 09:06:23    2106655

Link

Fantastic to see Flynner, Jack and Cian back

Huge options.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19286 - 11/06/2018 19:36:48    2110201

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Fantastic to see Flynner, Jack and Cian back

Huge options."
Totally agree. Chuffed to have them back.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13422 - 11/06/2018 21:48:48    2110258

Link