Dublin Forum

Dublin Hurling 2018

(Oldest Posts First)

Mad how much discussion used to be on here about hurling and not a jot now...

I saw a decent performance coming but was shocked by how close it came. Dublin got their goals at crucial times but KK got theirs at the most important juncture.

Ye have a great half back line and on the face of it now, the management team seems to be doing ok.

Great to see Keaney still so good. Hope we still see more from him this year.

Cunningham was some disaster for ye. Should have been removed after a year in all fairness.

hurlinspuds (Cork) - Posts: 1491 - 15/05/2018 11:59:52    2100929

Link

Replying To hurlinspuds:  "Mad how much discussion used to be on here about hurling and not a jot now...

I saw a decent performance coming but was shocked by how close it came. Dublin got their goals at crucial times but KK got theirs at the most important juncture.

Ye have a great half back line and on the face of it now, the management team seems to be doing ok.

Great to see Keaney still so good. Hope we still see more from him this year.

Cunningham was some disaster for ye. Should have been removed after a year in all fairness."
I think most of us expected a decent performance on Sunday. The players are not as bad as recent form suggests, that much was obvious. Added to that the game was in Parnell.

Gut wrenching finish to the game but to be fair I felt KK deserved it on the balance of play. Keaney's withdrawal was the key moment for me.

Cunningham (Ger) put Dublin hurling back a few years, and Gilroy's sole job is to rebuild and leave the thing in a better position than he found it.

Our half back line is very much going to be the rock on which the church is built. Particularly Crummy and Moran, there are few better than them in the country imo.

It's going to be a tough ask for them below in Wexford but hoping again for another decent performance.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12426 - 17/05/2018 10:26:43    2101620

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "I think most of us expected a decent performance on Sunday. The players are not as bad as recent form suggests, that much was obvious. Added to that the game was in Parnell.

Gut wrenching finish to the game but to be fair I felt KK deserved it on the balance of play. Keaney's withdrawal was the key moment for me.

Cunningham (Ger) put Dublin hurling back a few years, and Gilroy's sole job is to rebuild and leave the thing in a better position than he found it.

Our half back line is very much going to be the rock on which the church is built. Particularly Crummy and Moran, there are few better than them in the country imo.

It's going to be a tough ask for them below in Wexford but hoping again for another decent performance."
Where missing the Schutte brothers, Colm Cronin the Tracey brothers , Eamon Dillon Darragh O Connell, I know some of them aren't in our squad but if they were we would give it a right rattle imo.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9655 - 17/05/2018 11:04:52    2101639

Link

Team named for Sunday. One change with Keaney not making it. I like McGibb though I have to say.

I think Whitely is doing well to start. He took the goal well but he's a sieve for possession in my opinion.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12426 - 18/05/2018 19:00:36    2102020

Link

Gilroy is bound to improve things after the last few years under Cunningham alright. He may have all the knowledge and experience in the world but he wasn't able to get players playing for him and set things back a few years now doubt.
I expect it will be different story with Gilroy and am hoping we can show the kind of hungry that was often there under Daly.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 1914 - 20/05/2018 16:02:14    2102307

Link

Another narrow loss to Wexford which is tough to take but they are making progress.
Wins will come if the attitude is right. 5 goals in two games is improvement.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 1914 - 20/05/2018 17:01:26    2102317

Link

Lots of positive signs for this team! There is an obvious difference in attitude. The team looks like they really want it. The only fault at this stage is the lack of experience and I think they will learn from this year and improve their performance towards the end of the game. The last two games are gonna be tough, Offaly will be looking for their first win but home advantage should be the difference to avoid relegation. Would be great to beat Galway at home in the final game but only wishful thinking!

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 887 - 21/05/2018 09:13:20    2102523

Link

Couple of really good young players there lads. Cian I Callahan gave an excellent account of himself. A couple of super saves from Nolan and great energy when boland came on

Doylerwex (Wexford) - Posts: 1633 - 21/05/2018 19:04:55    2102772

Link

Fantastic win over Laois in the first Playoff of the Leinster Under 21 championship! Final score Dublin 4-16 Laois 1-10

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 887 - 26/05/2018 15:31:44    2103983

Link

Great to have Keaney back for the Offaly game, he's the leader on the pitch. He was badly missed since the Kilkenny game.

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 887 - 02/06/2018 10:33:28    2106425

Link

Super win and a much deserved win

3 good performances out of 3 games

Could have walked away with maximum points from all the 3 games but we're just not ready yet.

Still very early days for this new Dublin setup but there's plenty of positives to build on now and that manner of victory today will be a big boost for the entire setup.

Very happy!

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19090 - 03/06/2018 18:01:44    2106919

Link

Yep.
It is great to progress and a plan/system getting in place.
Need to work on the stickwork and relax a bit while shooting though.

I hope that half back line stays in place for the next decade.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 976 - 03/06/2018 22:06:57    2107076

Link

Well deserved win and Dublin were by far the better side.
Good progress being made and Gilroy has players all going in same direction which I always believed he would.
Bodes well for the future and I think this side will get better each year.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 1914 - 04/06/2018 09:38:04    2107157

Link

Great display by the Dubs yesterday. Unlucky not to be in the shake-up.
It's a pity that the match v Galway on Saturday, has no significance to both teams. I think it's the first time in the history of the GAA, that a Championship match, is not important to both teams.
It's likely Galway will play a lot of fringe players, and I am sure the Dubs will do the same.
Harryo

HarryO (Galway) - Posts: 185 - 04/06/2018 10:00:35    2107169

Link

Been watching under 21s a few nice hurlers hopefully they will make step up next year. Been a better Leinster campaign than I was expecting, disappointed at a missed opportunity but we are moving in right direction thankfully after last year

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5177 - 06/06/2018 11:57:15    2108010

Link

Jaysus!!!

Disappointed not to win but another very good performance against the champs away from home

This setup is building and there's some very encouraging signs.

They are missing a certain Cuala dynamo

Honestly believe they could have had 4 out of 4 wins with him in there and I reckon he might be thinking the same thing..

Its coming soon for this team.. still fractionally short but these battles and manner of performance is worth its weight in gold

Very happy and huge admirer of this setup

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19090 - 09/06/2018 21:00:43    2109091

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Jaysus!!!

Disappointed not to win but another very good performance against the champs away from home

This setup is building and there's some very encouraging signs.

They are missing a certain Cuala dynamo

Honestly believe they could have had 4 out of 4 wins with him in there and I reckon he might be thinking the same thing..

Its coming soon for this team.. still fractionally short but these battles and manner of performance is worth its weight in gold

Very happy and huge admirer of this setup"
Yes, Dublin going in the right direction. A lot of good young players .
Galway had the " bones" of the team that were narrowly deafeated by Kilkenny in the 2012 All Ireland.
If , Dublin can keep the panel together, and strength the panel with new players,, I can see a bright future for them.
Very unlucky now to be in the shake -up !!
Harryo

HarryO (Galway) - Posts: 185 - 10/06/2018 10:42:36    2109301

Link