Dublin Forum

Parnell Park

(Oldest Posts First)

Very exciting game today in PP. Great to see a big Championship game played there and the atmosphere was deadly, until the end that is!

I'm beyond sick at the end result. Real gut wrenching stuff. I think Keaney going off was a real blow.

Got me thinking afterwards about our, potential, home game in the super 8s. Wouldn't it be class to bring it to Parnell? It'd shut up some culchies and be a great atmosphere.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12724 - 13/05/2018 17:54:52    2100053

Link

Think about the whinging about tickets though....
It is Ideal for the hurlers and shows how beyond stupid it was to play "home" games in croke park.
Hurlers always play well in Parnell tight pitch better atmosphere (my favorite ground)
But the footballers need a 20k -30k stadium
But the Spawell stadium idea died so that killed that.
https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/dublin-gaa-scrap-plans-spawell-13523171

As for the Dublin games in Croke Park they should really make Dublin Leinster games treble headers to bump up the crowd and atmosphere a bit.
There are plenty of Passionate fans from the weaker counties in leinster like Meath, and the other slightly better teams.
Fans of those counties deserve a chance to see the Dubs.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 14/05/2018 11:34:44    2100457

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Think about the whinging about tickets though....
It is Ideal for the hurlers and shows how beyond stupid it was to play "home" games in croke park.
Hurlers always play well in Parnell tight pitch better atmosphere (my favorite ground)
But the footballers need a 20k -30k stadium
But the Spawell stadium idea died so that killed that.
https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/dublin-gaa-scrap-plans-spawell-13523171

As for the Dublin games in Croke Park they should really make Dublin Leinster games treble headers to bump up the crowd and atmosphere a bit.
There are plenty of Passionate fans from the weaker counties in leinster like Meath, and the other slightly better teams.
Fans of those counties deserve a chance to see the Dubs."
Jesus thanks for thinking of us....:-)

Richieq (Meath) - Posts: 3484 - 14/05/2018 15:42:38    2100615

Link