Dublin Forum

Dublin v Carlow

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To hill16no1man:  "If your getting the train down the heritage hotel is litteraly next to the line, then just around the corner is a main street filled with pubs.
Tesco have half price on two litre river rock bottles might be an option for the match haha can't be like those royalers failing to prepare"
Hahahaha

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1705 - 04/06/2017 12:45:00    1994351

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Bit hard on o Callaghan as mcmannoman and mannion were far worse than him as at least he looked to shoot the odd time.
mannion is so frustrating he had no consistency at all, where was his league final energy? Mcmannoman had looked like he's not trying all year.
think brogan and mchugh will start ahead of them next day as both wanted the ball and were willing to shoot.
atmosphere was dead yesterday so can't see why going to croke park for semi final is annoying you as alternative would be another ground like tullamore and was there for hurling last week and you could here players talking it was that bad.
atmosphere comes from what happens on pitch though and if we get rolling be it croker or tullamore you will have same noise, yesterday was very poor from the team and have said all year this buisness of people saying we don't need to perform until August could come back to haunt us as football ain't as easy as flicking a switch and hitting top gear. We will need to see a big improvement in the semi final as a team in general."
Hill your not wrong on Mannion but I think our forwards deserve a bit of slack from yesterday's game Carlow had 15 players behind the ball the whole game there was zero space (on a tight county ground) to do anything. Interesting to see Jim didn't take Con or Mannion off , imo he was saying to them "I'm sticking with yous two this year no matter what". Mannion is nearly always taken off when he's not playing well.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 04/06/2017 13:01:30    1994366

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hill your not wrong on Mannion but I think our forwards deserve a bit of slack from yesterday's game Carlow had 15 players behind the ball the whole game there was zero space (on a tight county ground) to do anything. Interesting to see Jim didn't take Con or Mannion off , imo he was saying to them "I'm sticking with yous two this year no matter what". Mannion is nearly always taken off when he's not playing well."
I agree they need game time
Both have bags of ability
But with mannion you would just want him to shoot more he gets in space and then offloads far too much.
couldn't believe when seen schutte come on is that a bad sign of jim Gavin getting worried as the guy has only been on panel three weeks.
To be fair to him he at least looked to get involved

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 04/06/2017 13:40:39    1994394

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "I agree they need game time
Both have bags of ability
But with mannion you would just want him to shoot more he gets in space and then offloads far too much.
couldn't believe when seen schutte come on is that a bad sign of jim Gavin getting worried as the guy has only been on panel three weeks.
To be fair to him he at least looked to get involved"
I agree also - Mannion and Con need plenty of game time and Jim needs to persevere with them the next day.

McHugh did himself no harm at all when introduced and fancy he may start the next day also.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2703 - 05/06/2017 00:11:09    1994807

Link