Dublin Forum

Michael Darragh MacAuley out for summer?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "maybe just seems a tad disrespectful to a living legend Wayno ya know?"
give over !!

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 18/05/2017 13:35:56    1987933

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Agree on that one injury you don't write off a season , however if we look beyond just MDM there are issues with J Cooper Jack and Costello that's who we know of , some forwards not exactly on fire , Cleaned out at midfield in league final , certainly not confident someone can come in a do a job , I could do a job but we wouldnt win Sam , hope lads confidence is rewarded and Im just being nervous but I can honestly say the gods and planets are lining against us if we win Sam it will be one of the hardest ever won"
I take your point but this thread was originally set up about MDMA not the amount of injuries in the panel ..

But in response to your post, I do agree if you look beyond MDMA that there are issues but I'm honestly not worried. We go into this summer with absolutely no pressure on us. We've won 4 of the last 6 all Irelands. If we don't win it this year its not a big deal but we have had the last 5 weeks, plus the next 2 and a half to get a few lads back, Weve then got potentially 3 games in Leinster we can get through with the panel available to us. Lets make it to August and then reevaluate, I firmly believe that we stll have enough to get us through Leinster and potentially to Sam but like I said, no pressure on the lads, all they can do is their best and all jim can do is work with what he has available to him

We will either have a successful summer 2017 or we wont.

But if we do win it, I'd like it to be as difficult as possible because as watching games in leinster lately wil attest to, winning easy is predictable and boring, Maybe going into games with a bit of doubt will add a bit of excitement and stop this nonsense that we are unbeatable, As the league final showed we are very much human and like all great teams we are there to be beaten, and we will be at some point, whether its this year or next, just enjoy the ride, its a hobby at the end of the day, life will go on one way or the other.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 18/05/2017 13:48:07    1987940

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I take your point but this thread was originally set up about MDMA not the amount of injuries in the panel ..

But in response to your post, I do agree if you look beyond MDMA that there are issues but I'm honestly not worried. We go into this summer with absolutely no pressure on us. We've won 4 of the last 6 all Irelands. If we don't win it this year its not a big deal but we have had the last 5 weeks, plus the next 2 and a half to get a few lads back, Weve then got potentially 3 games in Leinster we can get through with the panel available to us. Lets make it to August and then reevaluate, I firmly believe that we stll have enough to get us through Leinster and potentially to Sam but like I said, no pressure on the lads, all they can do is their best and all jim can do is work with what he has available to him

We will either have a successful summer 2017 or we wont.

But if we do win it, I'd like it to be as difficult as possible because as watching games in leinster lately wil attest to, winning easy is predictable and boring, Maybe going into games with a bit of doubt will add a bit of excitement and stop this nonsense that we are unbeatable, As the league final showed we are very much human and like all great teams we are there to be beaten, and we will be at some point, whether its this year or next, just enjoy the ride, its a hobby at the end of the day, life will go on one way or the other."
Wayno1 is that really you ?

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5186 - 18/05/2017 20:21:46    1988102

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Wayno1 is that really you ?"
what ?

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 18/05/2017 22:04:36    1988133

Link

Better to wait until things are confirmed, James McCarthy was ruled out last year and rose from the dead!

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 899 - 19/05/2017 07:38:41    1988189

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "what ?"
Your posts and outlook have really changed , not saying that's a bad thing

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5186 - 19/05/2017 10:07:21    1988243

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Your posts and outlook have really changed , not saying that's a bad thing"
Outlook has changed.. My love and passion for the sport/team hasn't, I just realize now at the tender age of 24 that there is more to life than football and as my original point in the whole thread simply said, I am not overly stressing myself over something that ive no control over. Lads will give it everything regardless and if we win, amazing, ill love it and be as eurphoric as every other win, but if we lose, you wake up the following day a bit disappointed, a bit glum, but as the day turns into days, the pain goes away a lot quicker and you realize...........its a flippin game. And ill be back following/supporting the team a few months later. We wont stay on top forever and although I'm confident we can win Sam, And even more confident that we will at least be in the mix not just this year but in years to come, I know for a fact a big big loss is getting closer with every passing day.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13502 - 19/05/2017 10:49:33    1988263

Link

Apparently JIm said after the game last night that MDM is injured but is not as serous as reported in the media.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2914 - 04/06/2017 15:17:43    1994458

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Apparently JIm said after the game last night that MDM is injured but is not as serous as reported in the media."
Bit of good news at last....

MDMA will definitely be needed this year

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2701 - 05/06/2017 00:08:56    1994806

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Bit of good news at last....

MDMA will definitely be needed this year"
"Michael is back on the pitch. Himself and a good few others are back on that path to return to play. Hopefully we'll see them back shortly," the Dublin manager revealed after his side's 12-point victory over Carlow on Saturday.

From the man himself.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2914 - 05/06/2017 13:27:29    1994990

Link

Hard to know if that's jim Gavin as usual giving nothing away or being straight.
anybody have any light on Paul Flynn I was behind goal at town end so didn't see players warming up was he involved?
Flynn, Andrews, O gara, Daly all not making an appearance at any stage was ' unusual

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 05/06/2017 14:05:15    1995017

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Hard to know if that's jim Gavin as usual giving nothing away or being straight.
anybody have any light on Paul Flynn I was behind goal at town end so didn't see players warming up was he involved?
Flynn, Andrews, O gara, Daly all not making an appearance at any stage was ' unusual"
Jim has history here he always plays down the extent of players injuries. It's John Small I would be worried about.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 842 - 05/06/2017 17:32:36    1995126

Link