Dublin Forum

Thinking of not going to Leinster football games?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Two championship games outside Croker happy bleeding days, posters who didn't go to Kilkenny last year get on
These away games this year honestly the best day out with Dubs I've had in years great craic. This auld lad Dub comes up the town with an electric guitar last year we're all singing Dublin songs with your man playing the electric guitar outside the pub some buzz.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 16/05/2017 15:11:30    1987136

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Two championship games outside Croker happy bleeding days, posters who didn't go to Kilkenny last year get on
These away games this year honestly the best day out with Dubs I've had in years great craic. This auld lad Dub comes up the town with an electric guitar last year we're all singing Dublin songs with your man playing the electric guitar outside the pub some buzz."
Yeah was great craic - the train down was like a massive stag - sun shining, bag of cans - love it. Except that group of lads you were taking the mick cos i was a posho drinking cans of becks. Im just too old to stomach dutch.

HenryHill16 (Dublin) - Posts: 249 - 16/05/2017 16:08:13    1987174

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Hang on...

Your the same fella who was bitching and moaning about a different Dubs supporter roaring and getting carried away in your vicinity earlier in the year arent you....? You were claiming how your so much more of a fan than him etc etc and why does he bother going to games atall.....and then you come out with this!!!

Well, I know that other fella. And ya he is a bit OTT at times and can let his mouth run, but you know what, he will be at all games this summer.

So now, who is a better fan ?"
Fan is one word for him alright......

My point is the leinster games will not be competitive/nor entertaining.

I am sure your 'Fan' acquaintance will be hoarse with the roaring at the top of his voice throughout the game

' f**k off, your'e sh*te' (insert dublin player name here)', 'f**k off ref'

'Come oooon on yerr sh*te (insert another dublin players name) at 20 plus points up.'

Then he can go home and say that is a great f**king game...dooooo-bill-innnn....doooo-billl-innnnn

Marvelous

I wonder do strepsils have blue and navy version's?
:D

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 16/05/2017 23:17:12    1987343

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Hang on...

Your the same fella who was bitching and moaning about a different Dubs supporter roaring and getting carried away in your vicinity earlier in the year arent you....? You were claiming how your so much more of a fan than him etc etc and why does he bother going to games atall.....and then you come out with this!!!

Well, I know that other fella. And ya he is a bit OTT at times and can let his mouth run, but you know what, he will be at all games this summer.

So now, who is a better fan ?"
Just to clarify further - the guy you are referring to do did not seem to really know what was happening on the pitch.
His temples were on the verge of bursting at 20 points up, screaming at the top of his voice about how sh*te the Dublin players were!!!
There was no rational nor logical thinking with this fella!

I notice how you did not use the term 'supporter' to describe him as it could be described as supporting the players.
From my viewpoint he might as well have been shouting at his reflection, or bouncing off the walls of a padded cell and just screaming.
I am sure it would equate to just as an enjoyable experience for him.

Myself on the other hand consider myself a GAA fan, in any code.
To give a few examples:
I was at the Galway V Kilkenny AI hurling final first drawn game in 2012 another great game.
I remember I watched Louth v Wexford in parnell park years ago both team were fairly level at the time and there was tension and real excitement in the air

I particularly enjoy a good competitive game, where both teams give it a lash.

I consider myself a Dublin supporter I support and encourage the team where they need it.
When they flagging and need a lift that is where a team needs crowd involvement.

I think the Ulster games always have an edge to them.
I was never at a game between Ulster teams in an Ulster ground.
Croke park Armagh v Tyrone years ago was the only only game between Ulster teams that I was ever at.

As I said in original post I think an Ulster game (particularly between to level teams) on an Ulster ground would be a good experience.

I was also thinking it would be great to see a decent Munster hurling match.

Based on this new information would you consider me a fan?

Who would you consider is the supporter?

Ahem.... hang on 'till I clear my throat....

COME ON DOOOOOOOBBB-BIIIIIL-INNNNNNNN :d

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 17/05/2017 11:49:31    1987456

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Just to clarify further - the guy you are referring to do did not seem to really know what was happening on the pitch.
His temples were on the verge of bursting at 20 points up, screaming at the top of his voice about how sh*te the Dublin players were!!!

I notice how you did not use the term 'supporter' to describe him as it could be described as supporting the players.
From my viewpoint he might as well have been shouting at his reflection, or bouncing off the walls of a padded cell and just screaming.

To give a few examples:
I was at the Galway V Kilkenny AI hurling final first drawn game in 2012 another great game.
I remember I watched Louth v Wexford in parnell park years ago both team were fairly level at the time and there was tension and real excitement in the air

I consider myself a Dublin supporter I support and encourage the team where they need it.
When they flagging and need a lift that is where a team needs crowd involvement.

Croke park Armagh v Tyrone years ago was the only only game between Ulster teams that I was ever at.

As I said in original post I think an Ulster game (particularly between to level teams) on an Ulster ground would be a good experience.

COME ON DOOOOOOOBBB-BIIIIIL-INNNNNNNN :d"
Ah sure listen Gorm, we cant all be as super duper brilliant as you.
To be honest, arent we lucky to have you here atall your so great
Did you have to take classes or anything in "how to be great", or does it just come naturally?

God, I wish I was you

I will be sure to tell that other SUPPORTER to beg your forgiveness next time he sees you and kiss your ear phones so some of your magic might rub off on him.....oh, hang on, no I wont, you know why? Cos unlike him....YOU WONT BE THERE

Mon da Dubs

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8144 - 17/05/2017 15:16:02    1987572

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Just to clarify further - the guy you are referring to do did not seem to really know what was happening on the pitch.

To give a few examples:

COME ON DOOOOOOOBBB-BIIIIIL-INNNNNNNN :d"
also, just to add to my previous point, u say his head was bursting with rage at 20 points up.....??

Interesting, as it was the Dubs Tyrone game this incident occured.......

So either you need to take off the head phones and watch the match like a true supporter, or you regularly fall out with other Dubs at games and cant distinguish between incidents.....?

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8144 - 17/05/2017 15:26:28    1987583

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "also, just to add to my previous point, u say his head was bursting with rage at 20 points up.....??

So either you need to take off the head phones and watch the match like a true supporter, or you regularly fall out with other Dubs at games and cant distinguish between incidents.....?"
As the tayto ad goes there is always one and your acquaintance was that one....

I refer you to my previous comments

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 17/05/2017 19:47:19    1987690

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "also, just to add to my previous point, u say his head was bursting with rage at 20 points up.....??

So either you need to take off the head phones and watch the match like a true supporter, or you regularly fall out with other Dubs at games and cant distinguish between incidents.....?"
see below:
http://www.hoganstand.com/Dublin/MessagePage.aspx?PageNumber=0&TopicID=99557

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 17/05/2017 19:49:11    1987692

Link

sorry typo with the 'twenty points up' I think I meant drank? haha

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 17/05/2017 20:59:50    1987715

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "sorry typo with the 'twenty points up' I think I meant drank? haha"
Gorm... You're not getting this are you.... 20 points.... Tyrone game......

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8144 - 17/05/2017 21:22:58    1987727

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Gorm... You're not getting this are you.... 20 points.... Tyrone game......"
On the contrary liamo you are not it seems.

You are like the more like 'LiamWalkinstown roundabout' going around in circles.

Missing the whole point of the argument and desperately looking for loopholes and tangents to scurry down.

Please re-read my posts slowly.
It might help you if you read them aloud.
Maybe your ahem.... acquaintance 'fan' can help?
You can help him with the big-big words.
It helps to break them up into smaller letters first.

Ach má bheidh tú síos le madraí a gheobhaidh tú suas le dreancaidí, is docha?

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 17/05/2017 22:36:01    1987754

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "On the contrary liamo you are not it seems.

You are like the more like 'LiamWalkinstown roundabout' going around in circles.

Missing the whole point of the argument and desperately looking for loopholes and tangents to scurry down.

Ach má bheidh tú síos le madraí a gheobhaidh tú suas le dreancaidí, is docha?"
Wow, you really are a knob aren't you. Maith an fear.

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8144 - 18/05/2017 11:20:21    1987856

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "On the contrary liamo you are not it seems.

Ach má bheidh tú síos le madraí a gheobhaidh tú suas le dreancaidí, is docha?"
Imagine you after a few pints..... Christ almighty. Maith an fear

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8144 - 18/05/2017 13:57:18    1987944

Link

It appears the Leinster semi final is fixed for croke park on June 25th as seen two premium level tickets in a funraiser yesterday as a prize.
strange that they are playing one semi final on its own there this year and the other a week previous

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 21/05/2017 10:56:05    1988739

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "It appears the Leinster semi final is fixed for croke park on June 25th as seen two premium level tickets in a funraiser yesterday as a prize.
strange that they are playing one semi final on its own there this year and the other a week previous"
Interesting, they must have some logic for it.
They must have worked out they would get a few more in if they held them on separate days rather then a double header.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 23/05/2017 18:49:17    1989952

Link

Anyone hear our next game might be away as well ? Please god it is Westmeath/Offaly in an empty Croke Park doesn't interest me tbh.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 04/06/2017 19:10:45    1994592

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Anyone hear our next game might be away as well ? Please god it is Westmeath/Offaly in an empty Croke Park doesn't interest me tbh."
No its croker
the reason the Meath v kildare semi final is week earlier was a request by counties to have the extra week break for whoever loses not to go into a qualifier 6days later apparently. It will be in a provincial venue but ours will be croker they said at end of May anyway and I seen premium tickets as a prize for charity raffle with June 25th Leinster semi final. Unless something new come to light

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 04/06/2017 19:58:28    1994627

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "No its croker
the reason the Meath v kildare semi final is week earlier was a request by counties to have the extra week break for whoever loses not to go into a qualifier 6days later apparently. It will be in a provincial venue but ours will be croker they said at end of May anyway and I seen premium tickets as a prize for charity raffle with June 25th Leinster semi final. Unless something new come to light"
Sunday 25th June in Croker - Dubs v Offaly/Westmeath.

Kildare v meath is on Sat 17th June in Tullamore.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2702 - 05/06/2017 00:07:39    1994805

Link