Westmeath Forum

Intermediate Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Intermediate championship kicks off next week and there's something interesting ties in the first round:
M.Pass vs R'Bridge-Even tho the Bridge were playing Div 1 football this year I can't see anything but a 6+ point win for M.Pass
Tubberclaire vs Malachys-Tubberclaire have been going very poorly this year but had two good results in the Intermediate cup.. Should be a tight affair,maybe a draw
Bun vs CFCW-Bun seem to have bounced back from a very poor first year back at intermediate level and could be seen as possible contenders for the championship in '17.Finea on the other hand have seemely had a lot of lads retire from last years junior winning team and could struggle to stay up
Shandonagh vs Tang-This should be a v tight affair with Shandonagh I reckon just edging it.. Aidan Burke a massive loss for Tang
Ballinagore vs Moate- On paper this should be a win for Moate but forwards like Tommy McDaniels and Brandon Carey B'gore will be hard overturned
Ballymore vs Milltown- One of three derby games this weekend I can see this being a scrappy enough affair.. Can't see either team hitting over ten points,possibly another draw here.
Come September I can see it being between Shandonagh,M.Pass and Bun for who's going to win the championship.. Whereas at the other end I'd say it'll be a dog fight between Ballymore,CFCW and Ballinagore.

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 30 - 17/07/2017 11:07:05    2017962

Link

st marys vs milltownpass . 2 points win for st marys .
Bun Vs CFCW - Bun by 8 points
Shandonagh vs Tang- draw
Ballymore vs moate - moate by 4
Ballymore vs milltown - milltown by 3
tubberclare vs malcays - tubberclare by 5

ballboy80 (Westmeath) - Posts: 8 - 17/07/2017 11:49:32    2018008

Link

Replying To ballboy80:  "st marys vs milltownpass . 2 points win for st marys .
Bun Vs CFCW - Bun by 8 points
Shandonagh vs Tang- draw
Ballymore vs moate - moate by 4
Ballymore vs milltown - milltown by 3
tubberclare vs malcays - tubberclare by 5"
Rbridge v Milltownpass rbridge by 10 points
Shandonagh v Tang draw
Tubberclair v Malachys Tubberclair by 7
Ballymore v milltown ballymore by 5
Moate v Ballinagore moate by 2
Bunbrosna v Finea bun by 10
It has to be between Shandonagh Rochfortbridge and Tubberclair, Rochfortbridge and Shandonagh have the panels to survive with the injuries that are going to come from playing so many games in quick succession

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 100 - 17/07/2017 17:24:10    2018286

Link

St Marys vs Milltownpass - Milltownpass by 5
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bunbrosna by 2
Shandonagh vs Tang- Shandonagh by 3
Ballinagore vs Moate - Draw
Ballymore vs Milltown - Milltown by 2
Tubberclare vs St Malachys - Tubberclare by 2

highball1990 (Westmeath) - Posts: 5 - 18/07/2017 01:03:33    2018455

Link

St Marys vs Milltownpass - Milltownpass by 3
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bunbrosna by 6
Shandonagh vs Tang - Tang by 1
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate by 2
Ballymore vs Milltown - Ballymore by 6
Tubberclare vs St Malachys - Draw

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 18/07/2017 12:15:09    2018566

Link

St Marys vs Milltownpass - Draw
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bunbrosna by 5
Shandonagh vs Tang - Draw
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate by 4
Ballymore vs Milltown - Ballymore by 1
Tubberclare vs St Malachys - Mals by 2

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 241 - 18/07/2017 14:03:26    2018646

Link

St Marys vs Milltownpass - The county men to be the difference here. The Bridge will be disappointed to be regulated in the league. The Pass by 8.
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - CFCW to struggle badly I think this year. Bun on the opposite trajectory. Bun by 7.
Shandonagh vs Tang I heavily fancy Shandonagh this year. Not sure if they have the bottle to win it out completely. Tang do not have enough numbers to survive a full championship. Shandonagh by 6
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate are a fit young team. They should win by 3/4
Ballymore vs Milltown - This will not be a game for the purists. Milltown by 1
Tubberclare vs St Malachys - Really hard to call this one. Tubberclare looked good in recent outings in the Inter Cup. Tubberclare by 2.

ondeball (Westmeath) - Posts: 98 - 19/07/2017 15:28:50    2019340

Link

St Marys vs Milltownpass - Milltownpass seem to be going well, promotion gained to Div 1 which is great to see. Can seem them winning by a few pts.
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bun hitting a bit of form just at the right time, should win by 5-6 pts
Shandonagh vs Tang - Tang will stuggle to make the knock out stages i think this year, Shan to win it with a couple of 6-7 pts
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate by 4-5
Tubberclare vs St Malachys -Draw

badger11 (Westmeath) - Posts: 36 - 21/07/2017 12:35:57    2020512

Link

Replying To badger11:  "St Marys vs Milltownpass - Milltownpass seem to be going well, promotion gained to Div 1 which is great to see. Can seem them winning by a few pts.
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bun hitting a bit of form just at the right time, should win by 5-6 pts
Shandonagh vs Tang - Tang will stuggle to make the knock out stages i think this year, Shan to win it with a couple of 6-7 pts
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate by 4-5
Tubberclare vs St Malachys -Draw"
Like the Senior lt has started brightly.St Marys could/should have surprised Milltownpass who can be pleased with draw.Good wins for Ballymore,Bun,Malachys,Mate and Shandonagh.Like the hurling good crowds at the games.Why the upturn in crowds?

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 698 - 24/07/2017 09:22:56    2022250

Link

Replying To jobber:  "Like the Senior lt has started brightly.St Marys could/should have surprised Milltownpass who can be pleased with draw.Good wins for Ballymore,Bun,Malachys,Mate and Shandonagh.Like the hurling good crowds at the games.Why the upturn in crowds?"
good weather helps
no football on the tv

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1654 - 24/07/2017 10:27:55    2022319

Link

Replying To martyW:  "St Marys vs Milltownpass - Draw
Bunbrosna Vs CFCW - Bunbrosna by 5
Shandonagh vs Tang - Draw
Ballinagore vs Moate - Moate by 4
Ballymore vs Milltown - Ballymore by 1
Tubberclare vs St Malachys - Mals by 2"
nearly all right

ballboy80 (Westmeath) - Posts: 8 - 24/07/2017 11:33:20    2022408

Link

Was at a couple of the games on Sunday Inter and Senior in Ballymore and Moate as a Neutral. Firstly must say fair play to both clubs who had their facilities in superb nick. I was impressed with both Moate and Shandonagh. Moate looked quick and played some good attractive football and in young forde up front they have a real danger man. In truth i wouldnt have know alot of the moate team apart from the programme put together in ballymore. (Something the senior double header lacked -a programme). From what i know moate are still short a few but that is to be expected for all teams - they look hungry and woth a bit of momentum from a good opening win you never know what could happen. Bal looked poor enough some good young players and in Mc Daniels they have probably the best player in this grade. Moate marshalled him okay but the ball getting to him was the problem. He created havoc everytime he got it. He may just be enough to keep them safe.

Similarly Shandonagh looked extremely strong in my opinion - the fact that they named 40 of a panel alone shows what they have to pic from. There was a real size difference between this fame and the previous one two very big teams. Tang in parts were good but missed aidan burke who for the last few years has dragged them through many such game like this one. Also looking at the other rests I think the inter champ may be a very interesting one. They all go again next weekend as well so should see a fairer reflection after round 2.

willyagodown (Westmeath) - Posts: 6 - 24/07/2017 12:38:33    2022494

Link

You must be joking about the pitch in Moate? The lawn mower must have been in the garage for the last two weeks! While the length of grass had no real impact on the outcome of either game it was fierce long and made for a strange bounce on the ball. Would be a lovely surface if they took a few inches off the grass!

Wmeath2 (Westmeath) - Posts: 85 - 24/07/2017 22:14:00    2022839

Link

Replying To Wmeath2:  "You must be joking about the pitch in Moate? The lawn mower must have been in the garage for the last two weeks! While the length of grass had no real impact on the outcome of either game it was fierce long and made for a strange bounce on the ball. Would be a lovely surface if they took a few inches off the grass!"
its also a very tight short pitch
suits a bigger team

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1654 - 24/07/2017 22:28:45    2022852

Link

Fixtures this weekend

Group 1
St Malachys V Shandonagh - Good wins for both last week, Shandonagh look a challenger this year so think they'll squeeze it
St Marys V Tubberclare - Tubberclare really struggling this year, think St.Marys will win handy
Milltownpass V Tang - Tang also struggling, can see the pass winning with a bit to spare

Group 2
CFCW V Ballingore - 2 relegation favourites with both badly needing points, think B'gore have the better forwards so will squeeze through
Moate V Milltown - Easy win for Moate here, was surprised to see Milltown so well beaten last week
Ballymore V Bunbrosna - Good wins for both teams last week but Bun will have bigger ambitions so expect them to win here

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 241 - 26/07/2017 10:02:31    2023682

Link

St Malachys V Shandonagh - Shandonagh by 4
St Marys V Tubberclare - Draw
Milltownpass V Tang - Miltownpass by 5

CFCW V Ballingore - Draw
Moate V Milltown - Moate by 6
Ballymore V Bunbrosna - Bun by 3

highball1990 (Westmeath) - Posts: 5 - 26/07/2017 12:32:59    2023798

Link

St Malachys V Shandonagh - Shandonagh by 1
St Marys V Tubberclare - Marys by 3
Milltownpass V Tang - Miltownpass by 6

CFCW V Ballingore - Ballingore by 6
Moate V Milltown - Moate by 2
Ballymore V Bunbrosna - Draw

culmor (Westmeath) - Posts: 25 - 26/07/2017 15:37:00    2023960

Link

St Malachys V Shandonagh - Shandonagh to do just about win this one
St Marys V Tubberclare - Marys comfortably
Milltownpass V Tang - Miltownpass easily

CFCW V Ballingore - Ballingore just about
Moate V Milltown - Moate walk in the park
Ballymore V Bunbrosna - bun by at least 8

footiemad (Westmeath) - Posts: 733 - 26/07/2017 15:50:58    2023970

Link

St. Malachy's v Shandonagh - Shandonagh by 2
St Mary's v Tubberclair - St. Mary's by 5
Milltownpass v Tang - Milltownpass by 8

CFCW v Ballinagore - Ballinagore by 1
Moate v Milltown - Moate by 3
Ballymore v Bunbrosna - Draw

lady_gaagaa (Westmeath) - Posts: 74 - 26/07/2017 16:09:55    2023983

Link

Malachys vs Shandonagh- Shan by 4pt
Bridge vs T'claire- Bridge by 2pt
M.Pass vs Tang- M.Pass by 3pt
Bun vs Ballymore- Bun by 5pt
Milltown vs Moate-Moate by 5pt
B.Gore vs Cfcw-Cfcw by 3pt
Some interesting results last weekend.. Tang,Milltown,B.Gore all very poor.. Shandonagh looked very sharp on Sunday as did Bun on Saturday night..R'Bridge very young well drilled side,bit like Moate,both to not make it past the quarter final stages in my opinion..Toss up between Ballinagore,Milltown and Finea for the drop I think..

Westmeathking (Westmeath) - Posts: 30 - 27/07/2017 00:16:27    2024258

Link