Louth Forum

Young Lads Playing In The Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Greengrass:  "That's the game Ollie . I think it was in 2007."
Cheers Greengrass. Was he ever send off for the Pats?

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12140 - 02/08/2019 15:39:33    2219807

Link

Replying To Northlouth:  "So two young lads did break into your team. Talking a bit gibberish then if you said it was easier to break in Roche or westerns
Look at the list and a lot of these young lads broke into Div 1 and 2 teams and I would say there is many more"
Are you for real, yes it would be far easier to break into a junior team...because and you're making me say this, the standard much much lower, so a young lad has an easier chance of getting a game.end of conversation this is pointless

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 99 - 02/08/2019 18:36:35    2219849

Link

Replying To Greengrass:  "That's the game Ollie . I think it was in 2007."
Was that sending off not successfully appealed.
By the way (and a big way) Frank Lynch won an All Ireland when he was 18.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1378 - 02/08/2019 18:57:21    2219858

Link

Replying To PointRoad:  "Are you for real, yes it would be far easier to break into a junior team...because and you're making me say this, the standard much much lower, so a young lad has an easier chance of getting a game.end of conversation this is pointless"
Apart from the Jocks and the Blues. The rest of the teams are just bang average in senior so any young lad should be able to break into their teams
Dont be building Senior teams up for what there not and that is very good teams that young players cannot break into

Your team could do with a few more young lads to keep you away from relegation

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 03/08/2019 08:17:26    2219967

Link

Replying To Northlouth:  "Apart from the Jocks and the Blues. The rest of the teams are just bang average in senior so any young lad should be able to break into their teams
Dont be building Senior teams up for what there not and that is very good teams that young players cannot break into

Your team could do with a few more young lads to keep you away from relegation"
Haha good one, still waiting for the mighty Jocks to deliver, and the mighty Dreadnots and the mighty Ardee side...all these sides have always been touted as up there with the best. They haven't delivered on the big stage but. We have a few young lads as I said, what we need is the 6 lads that have been missing all year to come back.
I'm sick of listening to fellas here claim this or that about these teams, omahonys are not and were never a big club but when we got our chance the lads took it.

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 99 - 03/08/2019 12:20:06    2220032

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "Oh someone has sour grapes hardluck"
Just to clear it up. I am definitely not from the Pats, I was a neutral at the match which there isn't ,many of these days. Am no lover of either the Pats or the SOMs and I honestly couldn't care less who won. I just give my views on the match as I saw it.
Best of luck to both clubs going forward.

Hoolahoop (Louth) - Posts: 39 - 03/08/2019 15:39:13    2220092

Link

Replying To PointRoad:  "Haha good one, still waiting for the mighty Jocks to deliver, and the mighty Dreadnots and the mighty Ardee side...all these sides have always been touted as up there with the best. They haven't delivered on the big stage but. We have a few young lads as I said, what we need is the 6 lads that have been missing all year to come back.
I'm sick of listening to fellas here claim this or that about these teams, omahonys are not and were never a big club but when we got our chance the lads took it."
What I'm saying is it's hard for any young lad to break into the Blues and Jocks teams at the moment as they have huge numbers.
Fair play to your lads to win a joe ward with a tight panel. Ye have great heart in your team and some pretty good footballers

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 03/08/2019 21:07:37    2220272

Link

Replying To Northlouth:  "What I'm saying is it's hard for any young lad to break into the Blues and Jocks teams at the moment as they have huge numbers.
Fair play to your lads to win a joe ward with a tight panel. Ye have great heart in your team and some pretty good footballers"
Ok, but it sounded like you were saying that it was down to the quality of the team. Ye look it hasn't been our year to be fair, Ya have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.
It's all about how players react to a bad year and again hope that next year the younger lads get that little bit stronger and have added experience

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 99 - 04/08/2019 14:10:43    2220598

Link