Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Big challenge game the weekend will be interesting,,,

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 14/12/2016 11:40:24    1940052

Link

Was interesting very interesting,,..an absolute cracker.....

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 17/12/2016 13:50:28    1940658

Link

Replying To Clareman:  "im not sure deasy will commit, he lives and works in dublin and not sure he has the love of county game he has for the club, but time will tell. good hurler, can win own ball and reliable free taker. Would be a good addition to panel anyways for a look out."
Has Niall Deasy transferred to Parnells in Dublin?

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 02/01/2017 18:58:58    1942675

Link

no he hasnt, he palyed league with them in 2016, but still registered ot play with ballyea as a senior championship hurler

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 03/01/2017 09:53:46    1942747

Link

Replying To Clareman:  "no he hasnt, he palyed league with them in 2016, but still registered ot play with ballyea as a senior championship hurler"
Ihave always said and I always will say '' ypu cant beat breeding''.. NOEL DEASY has a great pedigree. going back to the 1956 CLARE TEAM.He deserves to play for clare and will be a great asset.Management let us see what he can do.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 05/02/2017 18:28:22    1952226

Link

Replying To brianboru:  "Ihave always said and I always will say '' ypu cant beat breeding''.. NOEL DEASY has a great pedigree. going back to the 1956 CLARE TEAM.He deserves to play for clare and will be a great asset.Management let us see what he can do."
Noel??

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 06/02/2017 02:46:32    1952516

Link

Nialls Dad is PJ from the Mills..is Noel Deasy his grandfather so?

Niall is a very good hurler, worth at least 2 goes in the league for clare, to me miles better than duggan or malone.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 06/02/2017 10:28:30    1952592

Link

Replying To Clareman:  "Nialls Dad is PJ from the Mills..is Noel Deasy his grandfather so?

Niall is a very good hurler, worth at least 2 goes in the league for clare, to me miles better than duggan or malone."
Many congratulations to Ballyea simply unbelievable that such a small Parish can reach an All Ireland of course i am not forgetting their outside players but awesome journey.

Niall Deasy has been amazing has he ever made a Clare team prior to this ? he is even more valuable than Tony Kelly if that's possible { he is well ahead on form, of any Clare Forward bar perhaps John Conlon though i suppose its hard to compare Club/County but i agree with you Clareman he is well ahead of Cathal Malone or Peter/Bobby Duggan right now .
I think a prominent rugby pundit would say that as a team they perform far better than the sum of their parts the backs are excellent really especially the half back line thought both goals should have been saved the 21 was waist high and 2nd one should have been batted well away to side still no matter going to Croak Park.

Think management will have learned too though that they should have flooded a few bodies to middle third when tide went against them for last 1/4 persisted with same puck out strategy can never fathom how goalies no a days cannot pick out a midfielder with a ball 20 yards in front of him its either short to corner back or lamped down on half forward line.
Finally a word on amateur players who are willing to play at 5.00 in an All Ireland Club Game & turn out again at 2.00 PM 100+ miles away in a Div 2 Football match some dedication to the GAA well all for a great weekend and best of luck on Patricks Day

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 460 - 06/02/2017 16:45:49    1952865

Link

just one small note, kelly has being playing all year for Ballyea at midfield. It is his best position and if you have a strong half back and half forward line like ballyea you can have 2 runners in midfield. I hope clare take note of this. Kelly is impossible to stop at midfield. Even if he is quiet he gets onto so much ball he will always get you 2/3 a game.

his workrate on saturday was enormous. So too lineen beside hime. Great combo. All 6 b acks were excellent although panic did set in towards end of the game.

Deasy is in the form of his life but will need more from brennan, lillis and co to win the final.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 07/02/2017 10:14:12    1953172

Link