Carlow Forum

Football Draw 2019

(Oldest Posts First)

So its only October and I am already looking forward to a tilt against Meath in Leinster Quarter final assuming of course they get over Offaly.
Meath will be a big big test - they took both Donegal and Tyrone to the pin of their collars in last 2 years
The last time we played them in Leinster they put 7 goals passed us but as we all know things have changed since 2013.

i forecast we make it our 1st leinster final since 44 by beating Leix in Semi.

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 399 - 11/10/2018 22:28:25    2146141

Link

Good draw for all teams on that side to be fair, I won't make any predictions but I think all games will be tight on our side, no team will fear anyone, I suppose Meath and Offaly have the slight advantage of having a game under their belts before they meet us which I presume will be in either portlaois or tullamore depending on who comes out of that game. There are alot of factors that could come into play including rule changes and how we do in the league. I'd pick survival in the league over a championship win but that's just me.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1240 - 12/10/2018 11:10:40    2146189

Link

Definitely surviving in div 3 way more important. To go back down after just one year to div 4 would be a sickener and I'd say a lot of the older lads wouldn't fancy another struggle to get out of div 4 so we'd be down a while I'd say rebuilding.

Like this year championship should be seen as nice bonus but not the main thing for 2019.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1146 - 12/10/2018 14:00:21    2146225

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "Definitely surviving in div 3 way more important. To go back down after just one year to div 4 would be a sickener and I'd say a lot of the older lads wouldn't fancy another struggle to get out of div 4 so we'd be down a while I'd say rebuilding.

Like this year championship should be seen as nice bonus but not the main thing for 2019."
Oddly, the rule changes actually mean we may do better in the championship than the league... I fear the experiment will hurt us in the NFL as the lads have spent a few years implementing a system, which now has to be radically changed... then again, anyone who watched that vomitfest of a county final last weekend could hardly argue at the proposals.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 265 - 12/10/2018 16:10:29    2146251

Link