Carlow Forum

Footballers 2018 Season

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ceatharlach.abu:  "i know Jordan Morrisey is playing well at wing back but we could do with him in the forwards."
And ciaran moran. And st leger used to be a forward too

Bimb (Carlow) - Posts: 425 - 02/04/2018 17:33:40    2090385

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Creating goal chances is well and good but no scores on board for creativity! From the few games I ve been at, I think we don't have enough scoring forwards from play to currently worry better teams. This is not a slight against those who have trained so hard for not only this year but a dozen years in some cases, but the reality of where we are at. The system we had this year and indeed in the qualifiers last year will get us hard to beat, but we don't seem to be able to punish the teams at the next level. We wouldnt have too many lethal finishers in our forward line and it might have coat us scores when we got close to goals. So I think the management will look to change things up next year a bit as we won't survive otherwise. I think! If we look at the games we lost in last 2 years, we might not have conceded a lot but we scored less! Its a good problem to have looking to tweek things to contest next year v a better standard of team than to be sitting there looking up.
Anyway, great problem to have eh?!"
a lot of common sense in this post - basically what got us there may not keep us there .... however good problem to have ... the system needs tweaking rather than scrapping.

Separately on the Brendan Murphy tweet, if I was that Laois lad I'd lay off the Twitter machine, the form on that side of the Barrow would not be great using that apparatus

Bainisteoir (National) - Posts: 407 - 02/04/2018 21:27:47    2090448

Link

Wishing that young man a speedy recovery. Hope it wasn't football related - don't know the ins and outs of it, but life is bigger than the gaa. He has soldiered with Carlow chaps, kikdare etc for his school and indeed his uncle is v involved with a Carlow club/was in school with him myself, so I hope the gaa community does what it does best and rally's round and supports him and his family.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2531 - 03/04/2018 09:28:42    2090533

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Wishing that young man a speedy recovery. Hope it wasn't football related - don't know the ins and outs of it, but life is bigger than the gaa. He has soldiered with Carlow chaps, kikdare etc for his school and indeed his uncle is v involved with a Carlow club/was in school with him myself, so I hope the gaa community does what it does best and rally's round and supports him and his family."
Second that Old Yellar. Very sad to read about that today. Wishing that young man a quick recovery.

iacob (Carlow) - Posts: 52 - 03/04/2018 22:57:45    2090860

Link

Replying To old yellar:  "Wishing that young man a speedy recovery. Hope it wasn't football related - don't know the ins and outs of it, but life is bigger than the gaa. He has soldiered with Carlow chaps, kikdare etc for his school and indeed his uncle is v involved with a Carlow club/was in school with him myself, so I hope the gaa community does what it does best and rally's round and supports him and his family."
Yellar,

My sentiments entirely. A very regrettable incident.

Here's hoping he makes a full recovery and gets to wear the Laois jersey again soon.

Blackbogger (Carlow) - Posts: 106 - 04/04/2018 08:21:42    2090898

Link

I would like to wish that young Laois player (Daniel O'Reilly) a full and speedy recovery, I have no idea what led to his injuries, never the less, I was saddened to say the least when I heard the news, very regrettable indeed, my thoughts are also with his family.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1778 - 04/04/2018 10:09:49    2090927

Link

A dirty act, hoping he makes a full recovery.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1107 - 04/04/2018 10:37:49    2090937

Link

Being at the game Saturday I thought Laois were in control for most of the game and their olders players were the difference.

that saying carlow came back well and it was certainly and enjoyable encounter for the spectators at the game.The guy from fermanagh was certainly enjoying it but for some reason was roaring for Laois when they scored(must have had a bet on)

Support for both LAois and Carlow was good I'd say Carlow had 50% of what was there on Saturday with Laois having 30% ...Armagh had poor support but I suppose are used to bigger days in croker!

Carlow can hold their heads high and Laois must be going into the Wexford game full of energy and life now.

Best wishes go to that young O'Reilly chap I have heard unconfirmed reports it was nasty attack and two Carlow men have been arrested.

Most important thing is he makes a full recovery!

BigJohn.6_8 (Galway) - Posts: 683 - 04/04/2018 10:50:40    2090944

Link